Pre-Fab Metal Buildings
Pre-fab metal buildings offer a number of key benefits and cost-savings. Pre-engineered metal buildings have greater structural strength and are more weather-resistant than traditional stick-built structures because they are carefully constructed under controlled conditions, unlike building out in the unpredictable New England weather. Utilizing standardized components such as framing systems, wall systems, roof systems, and other special design options, pre-fab metal buildings can be efficiently constructed in a short period of time, yet still include quite a bit of customization.
Pre-fab metal buildings from D.R. Poulin Construction, located in Fitchburg, MA, offer a wide range of advantages for commercial, industrial, and institutional organizations, including:
- Faster, more efficient, and more cost-effective construction and on-site assembly
- Fewer foundation and settling issues because pre-fab buildings feature modern, strong-yet-lightweight construction compared to traditional brick-and-mortar buildings
- Substantial energy and cost savings due to better, more efficient insulation and energy efficiency
- Lower remodeling and expansion costs due to their modular design
- Better retained value than traditionally- constructed buildings
The main advantage that pre-fab metal buildings have over traditional construction is that they are virtually maintenance-free. Steel is rust and corrosion resistant: it can be easily painted and repainted and it stands up well to wind, snow and even fire. If a steel-framed pre-engineered metal building is erected on the proper footing it can remain standing and in good repair for 20-30 years or even longer without maintenance or painting.
Typical building issues such as wood rot, termites, mold, and water damage do not affect pre-fab metal buildings. This is why they require so much less maintenance — a metal structure will not be structurally compromised by insect damage, rotting, warping, or sagging.
Pre-engineered metal buildings are the logical choice when a competitively-priced, maintenance-free, long-lasting, weatherproof structure is required. To learn more about the features and benefits of versatile pre-fab metal buildings, contact the metal building experts at D.R. Poulin Construction.